Copy / move a library (including the settings, meta data tags) from one site to another
One is Content and structure option.This is only available in MOSS 2007.not in earlier versions.
1. Go to the document library, click on Site Actions > Site Settings
2. Choose “Content and Structure” under the Site Administration section
3. Navigate to the document library you wish to move or copy from.
4. Select the files.
5. Click on Actions > Copy
6. If you selected Copy, you will be prompted to choose where to put the documents
7. Click OK . The documents are moved/copied as per your instructions.
By using the “Content and Structure” page you can easily move files and keep the metadata and the version history.
Open the base folder and the target folder in explorer view. And drag and drop the files.
But metadata and version history won’t be available.